Legal Counsel (Corporate)
About the role
We are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel to join our growing Corporate and Governance legal team at YAP Holding.
The successful candidate will be tasked with advising companies and management teams on a wide variety of venture capital investments, M&A Transactions, and private equity transactions. The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories.
If you have a strong corporate experience and an interest in joining a thriving international Start-up company, this job is for you.
You Will be Responsible for:
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of corporate matters.
- Advise internal stakeholders (and negotiate with external counterparts where relevant) on fundraising, secondary sales, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and intra-group agreements.
- Support the team on governance related matters.
- Support the team in managing investor relations.
- This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
What You’ll Need
- 8 Years PQE
- Strong corporate experience as a private practice lawyer at a top law firm
- Strong skills in drafting legal documents (corporate documents, internal procedures)
- Solid stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Be responsible and result-oriented
- Hold a current practicing certificate
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
Nice to Have
- Demonstrable interest in and enthusiasm for Fintech outside of employment history
- Experience working with other fast paced financial companies